CNN panel flags 'unusual chemistry' on display in surging Dem's Fox News interview
Travis Gettys
August 25, 2026
RAW STORY

Jesse Watters and Abdul El-Sayed/Fox News
Panelists on "CNN This Morning" highlighted an unusually jocular interview on Fox News with Democratic Senate candidate Dr. Abdul El-Sayed.
The Democratic Senate nominee in Michigan and host Jesse Watters frequently laughed as El-Sayed fielded questions – and asked some of his own – during a Monday night prime time appearance, and the broadcaster squirmed when the physician turned a question about gender-affirming surgery for minors around on him.
"You're a doctor," Watters said, and El-Sayed agreed. "So you think it's okay for a parent to slash his kid’s ding-a-ling off?”
“Do you really want to have this conversation?" El-Sayed retorted. "Are you circumcised?”
"Yeah," Watters replied. "But I mean that’s a personal question, doctor.”
Watters protested that circumcision was “different than castration,” but El-Sayed argued, “I’m just saying that yes, circumcision is surgery on a kid’s ding-a-ling.”
The CNN panel reacted to video clips of the interview, noting that it was not quite as combative as they would have expected.
"Felt like soft treatment, that's not coming up, and I don't know," said host Audie Cornish. "They started joking about circumcision at one point and the NFL. I was like, what's happening here?"
Axios correspondent Sara Fischer agreed, saying the two men seemed to genuinely enjoy the exchange.
"I definitely felt that there was like an unusual chemistry almost in this interview," Fischer said. "I thought it was so notable from both ends that Jesse Watters had him and that El-Sayed was willing to join. It clearly suggests that he's willing to do whatever it takes to reach as many voters as he possibly can. But also, I think when you think about the position that he's in, Michigan is such an interesting state, especially as it comes to this issue around Jews, and Fox is such an interesting network for him to position himself and try to go and reach out to people. Like, he's not trying to do this conversation just on MS NOW – like, that to me is significant and important."
Travis Gettys
August 25, 2026
RAW STORY

Jesse Watters and Abdul El-Sayed/Fox News
Panelists on "CNN This Morning" highlighted an unusually jocular interview on Fox News with Democratic Senate candidate Dr. Abdul El-Sayed.
The Democratic Senate nominee in Michigan and host Jesse Watters frequently laughed as El-Sayed fielded questions – and asked some of his own – during a Monday night prime time appearance, and the broadcaster squirmed when the physician turned a question about gender-affirming surgery for minors around on him.
"You're a doctor," Watters said, and El-Sayed agreed. "So you think it's okay for a parent to slash his kid’s ding-a-ling off?”
“Do you really want to have this conversation?" El-Sayed retorted. "Are you circumcised?”
"Yeah," Watters replied. "But I mean that’s a personal question, doctor.”
Watters protested that circumcision was “different than castration,” but El-Sayed argued, “I’m just saying that yes, circumcision is surgery on a kid’s ding-a-ling.”
The CNN panel reacted to video clips of the interview, noting that it was not quite as combative as they would have expected.
"Felt like soft treatment, that's not coming up, and I don't know," said host Audie Cornish. "They started joking about circumcision at one point and the NFL. I was like, what's happening here?"
Axios correspondent Sara Fischer agreed, saying the two men seemed to genuinely enjoy the exchange.
"I definitely felt that there was like an unusual chemistry almost in this interview," Fischer said. "I thought it was so notable from both ends that Jesse Watters had him and that El-Sayed was willing to join. It clearly suggests that he's willing to do whatever it takes to reach as many voters as he possibly can. But also, I think when you think about the position that he's in, Michigan is such an interesting state, especially as it comes to this issue around Jews, and Fox is such an interesting network for him to position himself and try to go and reach out to people. Like, he's not trying to do this conversation just on MS NOW – like, that to me is significant and important."
Jesse Watters squirms after blunt 'personal question' left him cornered on his show
Robert Davis
August 24, 2026
RAW STORY

Fox News host Jesse Watters and Democratic Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed on "Jesse Watters Primetime." / Fox News screenshot
Fox News host Jesse Watters was cornered during a fiery interview on Fox News over a "personal question."
Watters interviewed Abdul El-Sayed, a progressive in Michigan who earned the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate race, on Monday, where the two got into a tense back-and-forth about one political topic that made Watters a little uncomfortable. During one debate about health care, El-Sayed backed Watters into a corner that the host was all too eager to escape.
"I think the government shouldn't tell you what kind of health care you should have," El-Sayed said about allowing health care providers to offer gender-affirming care to minors. "If you disagree with that, then we agree to disagree."
Watters followed up by asking about El-Sayed's stance on genital mutilation.
"But, you're a doctor?" Watters shot back.
"I am," El-Sayed said.
Robert Davis
August 24, 2026
RAW STORY

Fox News host Jesse Watters and Democratic Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed on "Jesse Watters Primetime." / Fox News screenshot
Fox News host Jesse Watters was cornered during a fiery interview on Fox News over a "personal question."
Watters interviewed Abdul El-Sayed, a progressive in Michigan who earned the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate race, on Monday, where the two got into a tense back-and-forth about one political topic that made Watters a little uncomfortable. During one debate about health care, El-Sayed backed Watters into a corner that the host was all too eager to escape.
"I think the government shouldn't tell you what kind of health care you should have," El-Sayed said about allowing health care providers to offer gender-affirming care to minors. "If you disagree with that, then we agree to disagree."
Watters followed up by asking about El-Sayed's stance on genital mutilation.
"But, you're a doctor?" Watters shot back.
"I am," El-Sayed said.
Matthew Chapman
August 25, 2026
RAW STORY

Abdul El-Sayed, Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate speaks during a Democratic unity rally in Detroit, Michigan U.S. August 7, 2026. REUTERS/Rebecca Cook
Right-wing Fox News anchor and commentator Jesse Watters grudgingly conceded Michigan Democratic Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed was a worthy opponent during a segment of "The Five" on Tuesday evening.
The two went head to head in a dramatic clash Monday evening, where El-Sayed emerged with a ton of sound bites aimed at both base Democratic voters and undecided voters.
"El-Sayed is a compelling, confident guy, kind of a guy's guy," said Watters. "But I don't trust him. You know, I like him. I don't want to like him. I like him."
During the interview, Watters threw everything he had at El-Sayed, grilling him on a number of hot-button culture war issues and the agenda of the Democratic Socialists of America, among many other things.
One of the most eye-catching exchanges came during an argument over gender-affirming care for children; Watters demanded that El-Sayed, a doctor by training, give his position on whether it's okay for a parent "to allow their child to slash their ding-a-ling off," to which El-Sayed asked Watters if he is circumcised and pointed out that's the only common case of children's "ding-a-lings" being surgically altered.
In another segment, El-Sayed tricked Watters into half-conceding that his Republican opponent, former Rep. Mike Rogers, is a "beta" for not coming on Watters' show himself.

Abdul El-Sayed, Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate speaks during a Democratic unity rally in Detroit, Michigan U.S. August 7, 2026. REUTERS/Rebecca Cook
Right-wing Fox News anchor and commentator Jesse Watters grudgingly conceded Michigan Democratic Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed was a worthy opponent during a segment of "The Five" on Tuesday evening.
The two went head to head in a dramatic clash Monday evening, where El-Sayed emerged with a ton of sound bites aimed at both base Democratic voters and undecided voters.
"El-Sayed is a compelling, confident guy, kind of a guy's guy," said Watters. "But I don't trust him. You know, I like him. I don't want to like him. I like him."
During the interview, Watters threw everything he had at El-Sayed, grilling him on a number of hot-button culture war issues and the agenda of the Democratic Socialists of America, among many other things.
One of the most eye-catching exchanges came during an argument over gender-affirming care for children; Watters demanded that El-Sayed, a doctor by training, give his position on whether it's okay for a parent "to allow their child to slash their ding-a-ling off," to which El-Sayed asked Watters if he is circumcised and pointed out that's the only common case of children's "ding-a-lings" being surgically altered.
In another segment, El-Sayed tricked Watters into half-conceding that his Republican opponent, former Rep. Mike Rogers, is a "beta" for not coming on Watters' show himself.
Jesse Watters concedes nasty insult of MAGA Senate hopeful landed
Alexander Willis
August 25, 2026
RAW STORY

Abdul El-Sayed (right) appears on Fox News with Jesse Watters (left), Monday, Aug. 24, 2026. (Screengrab / Fox News)
Democratic Senate nominee Abdul El-Sayed tore into his Republican opponent Mike Rogers Monday night during an appearance on Fox News with an attack so biting that even conservative host Jesse Watters was forced to admit he found it “funny.”
“I have a lot to talk about when it comes to my work taking care of communities,” El-Sayed said, speaking of his run for Senate against his opponent backed by President Donald Trump.
“I’m looking forward to continuing to have those conversations, and I feel really good about being able to bring communities together and beat Mike Rogers, who you and I both agree is a beta and won’t come on your show and won’t debate me, in November.”
Watters, laughing, responded: “Didn’t agree to that, but that’s funny.”
As noted by Zeteo’s Martin Pengelly in an analysis published Tuesday, El-Sayed “made Watters laugh, repeatedly, by calling Rogers a ‘beta’ for avoiding campaign confrontation and not appearing on Watters’ show.”
Pengelly attributed the joke landing with the conservative host to El-Sayed employing a “frat-boy-ish edge” to his commentary, an observation shared by a CNN panel Tuesday morning, which noted the “unusual chemistry” between the conservative and progressive.
El-Sayed has repeatedly called out Rogers for refusing to confront him in a debate, including debates that would have been held on Michigan television stations Fox 2 and WDIV.
“Mike, I’m happy to wipe the floor with you on October 8th, but in case you think we forgot, I challenged you to five debates,” El-Sayed said in a recent statement. “I’ve accepted every single debate invite. On September 15th, I’m showing up to Fox 2’s debate and they’re prepared to run with an empty podium whether you have the courage to show up or not.”
Alexander Willis
August 25, 2026
RAW STORY

Abdul El-Sayed (right) appears on Fox News with Jesse Watters (left), Monday, Aug. 24, 2026. (Screengrab / Fox News)
Democratic Senate nominee Abdul El-Sayed tore into his Republican opponent Mike Rogers Monday night during an appearance on Fox News with an attack so biting that even conservative host Jesse Watters was forced to admit he found it “funny.”
“I have a lot to talk about when it comes to my work taking care of communities,” El-Sayed said, speaking of his run for Senate against his opponent backed by President Donald Trump.
“I’m looking forward to continuing to have those conversations, and I feel really good about being able to bring communities together and beat Mike Rogers, who you and I both agree is a beta and won’t come on your show and won’t debate me, in November.”
Watters, laughing, responded: “Didn’t agree to that, but that’s funny.”
As noted by Zeteo’s Martin Pengelly in an analysis published Tuesday, El-Sayed “made Watters laugh, repeatedly, by calling Rogers a ‘beta’ for avoiding campaign confrontation and not appearing on Watters’ show.”
Pengelly attributed the joke landing with the conservative host to El-Sayed employing a “frat-boy-ish edge” to his commentary, an observation shared by a CNN panel Tuesday morning, which noted the “unusual chemistry” between the conservative and progressive.
El-Sayed has repeatedly called out Rogers for refusing to confront him in a debate, including debates that would have been held on Michigan television stations Fox 2 and WDIV.
“Mike, I’m happy to wipe the floor with you on October 8th, but in case you think we forgot, I challenged you to five debates,” El-Sayed said in a recent statement. “I’ve accepted every single debate invite. On September 15th, I’m showing up to Fox 2’s debate and they’re prepared to run with an empty podium whether you have the courage to show up or not.”
No comments:
Post a Comment