Thursday, February 09, 2006

The New Space Race for the Red Planet

Here is why NASA is cutting funding for scientific research to fuel a new space race. Cause the Soviet Union might get to Mars first. After all it is a Red planet, so it would he a natural to house dem Reds. NASA's Griffin: 'Humans Will Colonize the Solar System'

Is it important that Americans lead the way?

To me it's important because I like the United States, and because I know -- I don't know the date -- but I know that humans will colonize the solar system and one day go beyond. And it is important for me that humans who carry -- I'll characterize it as Western values -- are there with them.

You know, I think we know the kind of society we would get if you, for example, carry Soviet values. That means you want a gulag on Mars. Is that what you're looking for?

Yes I know the Soviet Union collapsed seven years ago don't tell me tell the director of NASA. A gulag on Mars heaven forbid. The Americans would build a Gitmo.

Also see:
The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress


Find blog posts, photos, events and more off-site about:
, , , , , , , ,

No comments: