Sunday, October 11, 2020

Climate change concerns Latinos in Florida
Associated Press Videos•October 9, 2020



The Associated Press spoke with three Latino voters in Florida – an independent, a Democrat and a Republican – about key issues in the battleground state, including climate change, for the interview series “AP Newsmakers.” (Oct. 9)
Video Transcript

SHARIKA MITHA-OCHOA: We have a major problem in Biscayne Bay. And I know we have a problem globally, what's going on out in the West Coast is terrifying, lack of oxygen in the air for humans, but we have a problem here and we're surrounded by water and we need to take care of our waterways. And it just doesn't seem like we're doing enough.

RUBEN VICENTE: I think that we need to discuss more what things we have in common, what goals we share, what differences we have, and where we can reach middle ground. Because trust me, I'll be out there with you with my big old, I'm an old Republican shirt, I'm already old. And I'll be picking up the litter off of the side of Biscayne Bay.

GISELLE MAMMANA DIAZ: So I have seen it, I have personally experienced it. I haven't been able to take my twin boys sometimes to the beach, because there's too much seaweed and bacteria on the shore. So I do see it, I just wonder what moves the conversation for people to actually act and make a change.

No comments: