Join the Canadian Armed Forces!
Don't let it be just unemployed and under-employed youth in the Maritimes, where the bulk of the current TV ads are running, who go and fight the good fight you support. Because they can't find jobs, they join the military to pay for their post secondary education, or get trades training. No one thought they were signing up to kill and be killed.
But now all that has changed. So here is your opportunity to prove that your patriotism is more than just a lot of blog hot air, or crocodile cheers, put up or shut up.
Remember you can blog from Kandahar. No need to sit on your ass in Canada, this is YOUR WAR. Go Now, don't delay.
Thank you this has been a free public service announcement on behalf of the Department of National Defense and our Brave Men and Women in combat. Defending Canada from the Taliban Navy and Al-Quaeda Airforce.
From April 2003 to March 2004, the Department of National Defence undertook an advertising campaign to help recruit close to 10,000 personnel for the Regular Force and Reserve Force. The campaign primarily targeted Canadian youth between the ages of 16 and 34, as well as those who influence youth in their career choices, such as parents and career counselors in colleges and universities.
It aimed to convey two key messages:
- The Canadian Forces is a unique employer with many possibilities to offer youth who are looking for a (new) career.
- The Canadian Forces is hiring for full- and part-time openings in more than 100 different occupations.
- Canadian youth aged 16-34, specifically the sub-group of 18- to 24-year old.
- Youths' influencers—their parents, teachers, guidance counsellors, friends, community leaders and so on.
- For some of the occupations, advertisements were targeted to youth who study specific programs at colleges and universities across Canada, or who already possess some of the skill set required for that occupation.
International Women's Day, March 8 2006Published by Canadian Forces Recruiting Group Multimedia Services 3/6/2006
On the occasion of International Women's Day 2006, a new poster entitled "In Praise of Women in the Canadian Forces" is available for download.
The Canadian Forces takes pride in being a leader in the field of equality and women’s rights and is actively recruiting women for dynamic, rewarding positions.
The defence of our country is serious business and that is what combat arms is all about. Soldiers take pride in protecting and fighting for what all Canadians believe in, here and abroad. Do YOU have what it takes?
Or are you all Talk Talk Talk?
OUR SOLDIERS IN THEIR OWN WORDS
See My Articles On Afghanistan
Find blog posts, photos, events and more off-site about:
DND, Canada, blogs, bloggers, pro-war, Afghanistan, recruitment, Armed, Forces, CF,