Saturday, November 18, 2006

True Love

My condolences to Ed Broadbent and his family on the passing of his true love, Lucille Broadbent. There can be no better example of real friendship than to give up your career to care for those you love. Ed Broadbent's 'moral compass' loses battle with cancer

After an almost decade long battle with metastasized breast cancer, Lucille Broadbent died in her sleep at her Ottawa home on Friday evening. She was 71. Her husband Ed Broadbent, former leader of the New Democratic Party, was at her side. He had given up politics in May 2005 to care for his ailing wife.

"I simply cannot continue in the future with all the work expected of an MP and meet my deeply felt obligations to the person who is the love of my life," Mr. Broadbent said, at a press conference announcing his decision.



Find blog posts, photos, events and more off-site about:
, , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Stephen K said...

My deepest concolescences to Mr. Broadbent.