Friday, June 09, 2006

Damn Fine Cup Of Coffee


FEATURE-Bolivian organic coffee farmers target niche markets

I drink organic Bolivian coffee, along with other organic and Fair Trade coffees. This is a fruity and piquent coffee with a touch of choclate to the flavour.

My pals at Earthson coffee in Edmonton roast their coffees out of their home. And they deliver their product to your door, at a price below those of more commercial companies in town. Email me if you want to contact them.

Over the past year I have been one of their coffee tasters testers. I didn't know I had the knack. I just like to drink coffee. Turns out I am a coffee gourmand.

The Bolivian organic is one of the new ones on the market and it is a damn fine coffee. To really get the full body, grind it fine, use cold water, and draw a cup off after your pot has about two cups in it. This is the full expresso flavoured version of the coffee, giving you its real full body taste that weakens as you add more water. Delicious.

And of course as with all Fair Trade coffees you know the farmers that grow and harvest these aren't being exploited unlike the real life poor farmers portrayed by real life Juan Valdez.



For news from Latin America See:

Latin America News Review

Narco News



Find blog posts, photos, events and more off-site about:
, , , ,

No comments: