Friday, January 20, 2006

Like Rats From A Sinking Ship

Gimme Your Vote Puuuulllleeeaasssee

It is a pathetic site, to see blogging Liberals abandoning their party to vote......Conservative. Huh? What happened to all that Martin blather about being a progressive party for Canada's progressives . Scratch a Liberal and you find a Tory in a hurry.

The moaning and groaing of many Liberal bloggers reminds me of the true confessions practiced under Stalinism. Since the Liberal party colour is red, perhaps this is a new version of the Cultural Values Revolution and these are the New Red Guard.

"Can my Liberal philosophy be best achieved by another Liberal win? And the answer is no.If we need a Conservative government, however temporarily to give us the chance to re-energize so that I can get the Canada I want, I'm willing to take that risk." Canadian Polemic

It has even infected True Red Liberal bloggers, who confess they will hold their nose and vote Liberal.

This campaign, however, has just been shameful. Our own party has been working against itself, leaking the red book, distributing confidential emails, endorsing candidates from other parties. You can teach monkeys to fly better than that.The campaign has gone terribly, but I still support Martin Bowie Call


Even when Liberal bloggers realize the Conservatives are gonna whup their asses, they still cannot accept that voting Liberal is a wasted vote.

But all that aside, I've decided I will be voting Liberal on Monday. Although I do like Harper, I'm worried about his potential Cabinet and I don't agree with his policies. And while I do like many of Layton's ideas, at the end of the day, I agree with Liberal policy. Calgary Grit

None of them has yet realized that the only effective vote, one that carries a buck seventy five with it, one that would be a real progressive vote, a vote for change, would be to vote NDP.

But in many cases the average Liberal blogger has as vitrolic a hate on against the NDP as any Blogging Tory.



We need to talk about what's important here. Layton-Harper would mainly destroy our system. People are asking Layton to consider what’s important here. He is bashing liberals so that his people get elected but by doing this, he is making the path easy for the conservatives. This guy really doesn’t give a damn! He never has and he never will! This person would support anyone for votes. If he needs to support of Al-Quida to get votes, he would do that.

We could vote for the Green Party but they are not that experienced. Therefore, we basically have no choice other than the Liberals. A wave of alternative mandate


Proving again that Liberals, even blogging Liberals, like their Big Tent party are not really that progressive. They are progressives of convenience.


Tags











4 comments:

Michael Fox said...

Most Liberals are only interested in power. They've been Liberals up until now because the Liberals have been the party in power.

I've always grudgingly respected the NDP for having some principles, even if I disagree with them.

Hishighness said...

I thought you had to have an IQ above 40 to write a blog, I guess I was wrong.

EUGENE PLAWIUK said...

Ah your Highness Canada has only one Queen the position is officially closed. Like your mind.

Ian said...

I don't think I like the implication that I voted Conservative out of convenience or in order to conserve power. If you'd read my entire reasoning, you'd see that it came to a question of how best to implement my Liberal philosophy. I find Jack Layton too far to the left for my liking, and I'm fine with having to vote Conservative this once in order to ensure a more energized LPC for the future that can build a better Canada. For me it's about the Liberal principles in the long run, and any suggestion to the contrary is unfortunately mistaken.