Ndong Eurydice, a local politician for the far-right Reconquête political party, also spread Bardinet's name and surname, alleging she had been "formally identified", even though this is not the case as of the time of writing.
Bardinet's lawyer, Raphaël Kempf, told Euronews's fact-checking team, The Cube, that they would take legal action against the individuals who spread false claims about Bardinet.
"Complaints will be filed against individuals who continue to relay these lies, and they will have to explain themselves in court," he said in an emailed statement. "For several days now, various far-right influencers have been acting like police investigators and prosecutors, treating their followers like a jury and naming names, inciting waves of hatred and threats."
"In their quest for revenge, they wrongly identified Blandine Bardinet as having been present in Lyon on the evening of Thursday, February 12, at the scene of Quentin D.'s death," he said. "They did not hesitate to embellish their theory with a false analysis of a screenshot."
Kempf shut down allegations that his client could have participated in the killing of Deranque, asserting that she had "left France to travel abroad the day before, Wednesday, February 11, for a planned stay of several months."
"It is therefore clear that she does not appear in the photo and that she was wrongly identified by Damien Rieu, Mila Orriols, Jean-Eudes Gannat, Eurydice Ndong, and the UNI, among others," he added.
According to social media posts, Bardinet has been involved in the anti-fascist Jeune Garde movement.
"Blandine Bardinet was an activist with the Jeune Garde, driven by her anti-fascist convictions and the need to fight against the far right and the spread of its ideas and practices," Kempf said. "Since June 12, 2025, she has complied with the decree dissolving the Jeune Garde."
In a press statement released on Sunday, the Jeune Garde denied its responsibility for what it described as "tragic events" which took place in Lyon, stating that it had "suspended all its activities" following the dissolution.
In an interview with French public broadcaster France 2 the same day, France's Interior Minister Laurent Nuñez pointed to the possible responsibility of the Jeune Garde in Deranque's killing.
"The investigation will confirm whether or not they were Jeune Garde activists," he said. "But the evidence clearly points in that direction."
The Lyon Public Prosecutor's office did not respond to our questions regarding the formal identification of the suspects, following separate reports from French media who, citing police sources, stated that investigators had "formally" identified five suspects, amplifying speculation surrounding the names shared online before Tuesday's arrests.
During a press conference held on Monday, the prosecutor's office confirmed that Deranque had been attacked "by at least six individuals."
Fake photos of Quentin Deranque spread online
Elsewhere on social media, several photos claiming to show Deranque have been circulating on social media since the incident.
In reality, the only authentic photo of him was released by his family was published in the French newspaper Le Figaro.
One image, which has been widely shared and supposedly shows Deranque, actually depicts Dylan Guichaoua, a local representative for the youth branch of the far-right National Rally party in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques department of France.
Guiachaou's image also appeared on French flags displayed at a tribute rally held in Paris on Sunday.