Monday, February 10, 2020

Pulsating orb recorded flying erratically in South Carolina sky. Was it a UFO?
OF COURSE IT IS, IT WAS  AND STILL IS 'UNIDENTIFIED'

BY MARK PRICE DECEMBER 31, 2019 12:05 PM



Flashing dot zooms across sky. Father and son believe they spotted a UFO
Jay Wilson and his son were out shooting fireworks in Laurens, SC when they spotted what they believe is a UFO. BY JAY WILSON

A father and son headed to dinner in South Carolina say they saw something unexplained in the sky the day after Christmas: a glowing orb that resembled a star, but it bounced and floated for nearly 5 minutes.

Jay Wilson and his 14-year-old son Cameron posted video of the orb on YouTube late last week, noting it was filmed over Laurens, a town about 70 miles northwest of Columbia.

The video shows the orb at a standstill, vanishing and moving back and forth behind a line of trees. Its changes in direction are erratic and seem to defy the capabilities of a helicopter.


“No, don’t come back down here,” Jay Wilson is heard saying in the video, as the object moves closer. “This is the craziest I’ve ever seen.”

Wilson told McClatchy news this week he and his son saw the object around 6 p.m. Dec. 26, as they were driving to Subway.

“What grabbed my attention was the color of the light. I’d never seen something like that. It’s hard to explain. It just stood out,” Wilson said in an email.

“I first thought it was someone shooting fireworks, until it went from ascending vertical to horizontally instantly. That’s when I grabbed my phone out and stopped in the road to record. I knew this was something to see.”

He’s still not sure what is was, and commenters on YouTube have not offered viable ideas.

Possible explanations include someone with a hand-held laser or a drone. But those theories fall apart when watching the acrobatics, not to mention the light vanishing behind trees. A laser would reflect off the trees.

“I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. To see it with my own eyes instead of YouTube videos and such was breathtaking,” Wilson told McClatchy.

“Just watch the video and see how that thing moves. One thing I noticed was a few seconds before it would start to move that it would get brighter, you can also see this in the video. It was like it was charging or gathering energy.”

The video is the latest in a series of reported UFO sightings in South Carolina in recent months, including some recorded off the coast.

The nonprofit Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) has not released a tally of December UFO sightings for South Carolina but says there were three in November. North Carolina had 13 reported sightings during the month, MUFON reports.

Meanwhile, the national total for November was 407 reports, most described as circles or spheres, MUFON says.

“I kinda believe in UFOs,” Wilson told McClatchy. “I’ve seen things like this before, but I’ve never been in a position to where I could record it.”

---30---

No comments: