Tom Boggioni
July 28, 2026
RAW STORY

Stephanie Ruhle (MS NOW screenshot)
During live coverage of a memorial service for the late Sen. Lindsey Graham, an MS NOW host slipped in a little quip about where the Republican might be in the afterlife.
Speaking with campaign advisor Mark McKinnon, who has worked for lawmakers on both sides of the aisle, "Money Power Politics" host Stephanie Ruhle turned the conversation to the South Carolina Republican’s membership in what was called the “Three Amigos.”
Noting the powerful partnership that Graham had with Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Joe Lieberman (D-CT), McKinnon recalled, “Well, he [Graham] was a politician from central casting; he was kind of like a Mickey Rooney character. And, so, and I mean, that sort of in the best and the worst ways about politicians. I mean, he was a true public servant; I think that was a good characteristic in him. But he also was really needed relevance, which is why he saw this shift to supporting Donald Trump the way that he did, which complicates his legacy, for sure.”
“I got to know him when I worked for John McCain, and he was part of the ‘Three Amigos’ group with John McCain and Joe Lieberman,” he continued, only to have Ruhle interrupt him with, “Yeah, I'm guessing he and John McCain are having very complicated conversations right now if they are in the same place.”
”Yeah, it's interesting,” McKinnon continued. “It's interesting because, even given where Lindsay's gone kind of on Iran, he would make McCain look like a dove right now.”
Hannity torn apart over 'bizarre' claim about Lindsey Graham’s heaven

Television presenter Sean Hannity speaks during the funeral service for late U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) at Washington National Cathedral in Washington, D.C., U.S., July 28, 2026. REUTERS/Evan Vucci
Fox News entertainer Sean Hannity seems to have a mighty weird understanding of heaven, reports Mediaite.
On Tuesday, Hannity said the late Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) is likely sitting in a gold-encrusted heaven inspired by President Donald Trump’s White House ballroom and Mar-a-Lago.
“Lindsey, Mr. President, I would argue in my mind, probably has a heavenly version of Mar-a-Lago. It may even be a little bigger,” said Hannity. “He may have a little more gold in the Oval Office in his mansion in heaven, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he added one big beautiful ballroom and an arch somewhere on the property because he would want to obviously duplicate his dearest friend in life, you, Mr. President.”
Daily Beast described the eulogy as "bizarre," and Mediaite reports Hannity delivered his remarks after Trump’s own eulogy, in which the president praised Graham’s eagerness for war and joked about broadcasting the senator’s phone number during a heated GOP primary.
As Trump sat and fought to stay awake at times in the audience, Hannity reminisced about the times he would miss sharing with Graham.
“To my dear friend, to our fearless warrior, I will miss our late-night calls, I will miss our strategizing together, I will miss our dinners, I will miss our conversations about the President and the country we both loved,” Hannity added. “I’ll miss the gossip, I’ll be honest. I’ll miss talking about how to defeat evil in our time and how to find a path to peace so that peace may one day reign around the world.”
Mediaite added that Hannity also referenced his own show before easing into a discussion of Graham’s version of heaven, complete with Trump’s design trappings, which involve liberal use of gold paint.
Critics lashed Hannity's speech on social media.
"Just as the Bible foretold," said podcaster Hemant Mehta on X.
"Theologian Sean Hannity shares a vision of hell," heckled Variety Chief Music critic Chris Willman on X.
Slate contributor Christina Cauterucci said there is no shortage of examples of Trump’s gold fixation, however.
It’s long been a "trademark of Trumpworld," and he has brought it into the White House, decorating the so-called People’s House with as much gold trim as possible, Cauterucci said. And recently at the Trump National Doral Miami golf club, a group of clergy members dedicated a 22-foot-tall golden statue of the president, an idol that is “everything Trump wants to be: larger than life, fit to be worshipped, an embodiment of excess that thumbs its nose at notions of democratic propriety.”
Trump and Graham grew close after the death of Republican Sen. John McCain, of Arizona. Prior to McCain’s death, however, Graham once took pride in standing up to extremism within the Republican Party — at least, before he decided to hitch his political cart to President Donald Trump’s wagon.
Increasingly, that unpopularity has extended to Republicans and Trump’s own MAGA coalition.

Television presenter Sean Hannity speaks during the funeral service for late U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) at Washington National Cathedral in Washington, D.C., U.S., July 28, 2026. REUTERS/Evan Vucci
July 28, 2026
ALTERNET
Fox News entertainer Sean Hannity seems to have a mighty weird understanding of heaven, reports Mediaite.
On Tuesday, Hannity said the late Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) is likely sitting in a gold-encrusted heaven inspired by President Donald Trump’s White House ballroom and Mar-a-Lago.
“Lindsey, Mr. President, I would argue in my mind, probably has a heavenly version of Mar-a-Lago. It may even be a little bigger,” said Hannity. “He may have a little more gold in the Oval Office in his mansion in heaven, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he added one big beautiful ballroom and an arch somewhere on the property because he would want to obviously duplicate his dearest friend in life, you, Mr. President.”
Daily Beast described the eulogy as "bizarre," and Mediaite reports Hannity delivered his remarks after Trump’s own eulogy, in which the president praised Graham’s eagerness for war and joked about broadcasting the senator’s phone number during a heated GOP primary.
As Trump sat and fought to stay awake at times in the audience, Hannity reminisced about the times he would miss sharing with Graham.
“To my dear friend, to our fearless warrior, I will miss our late-night calls, I will miss our strategizing together, I will miss our dinners, I will miss our conversations about the President and the country we both loved,” Hannity added. “I’ll miss the gossip, I’ll be honest. I’ll miss talking about how to defeat evil in our time and how to find a path to peace so that peace may one day reign around the world.”
Mediaite added that Hannity also referenced his own show before easing into a discussion of Graham’s version of heaven, complete with Trump’s design trappings, which involve liberal use of gold paint.
Critics lashed Hannity's speech on social media.
"Just as the Bible foretold," said podcaster Hemant Mehta on X.
"Theologian Sean Hannity shares a vision of hell," heckled Variety Chief Music critic Chris Willman on X.
Slate contributor Christina Cauterucci said there is no shortage of examples of Trump’s gold fixation, however.
It’s long been a "trademark of Trumpworld," and he has brought it into the White House, decorating the so-called People’s House with as much gold trim as possible, Cauterucci said. And recently at the Trump National Doral Miami golf club, a group of clergy members dedicated a 22-foot-tall golden statue of the president, an idol that is “everything Trump wants to be: larger than life, fit to be worshipped, an embodiment of excess that thumbs its nose at notions of democratic propriety.”
Trump and Graham grew close after the death of Republican Sen. John McCain, of Arizona. Prior to McCain’s death, however, Graham once took pride in standing up to extremism within the Republican Party — at least, before he decided to hitch his political cart to President Donald Trump’s wagon.
Increasingly, that unpopularity has extended to Republicans and Trump’s own MAGA coalition.


No comments:
Post a Comment