“The White House is a 24/7 grift machine and we should not stop being outraged about this,” said Sen. Chris Murphy.

Ivanka and Tiffany Trump and President Donald Trump attend UFC 327 at Kaseya Center on April 11, 2026 in Miami, Florida.
(Photo by Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images)
Julia Conley
May 19, 2026
COMMON DREAMS
Less than a day after a $1.77 billion settlement announced in President Donald Trump’s lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service was denounced as “highway robbery” by one Democratic lawmaker, other members of Congress expressed disgust after it was reported that the taxpayer-funded deal had been updated by a top administration official to ensure the president and his family could potentially get away with defrauding the IRS in perpetuity.
A one-page document was posted on the US Department of Justice (DOJ) website early Tuesday morning, saying that under the settlement, the IRS is “forever barred and precluded” from prosecuting and pursuing any and all claims and other actions against Trump and his family members, regarding unpaid taxes.
The landmark judgement in a civil fraud case against Trump found that his two eldest son’s were implicated in an extensive financial and tax fraud scheme along with the president.
The release specifically notes that it also applies to “tax returns filed before the effective date” of the settlement, which was Monday.
“The president is now exempt from our tax laws while everyone else has to obey them,” said US Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.). “Got it. It’s just mind-blowing that is what’s happening in America.”
Politico reported on the document a day after 93 US House Democrats joined an amicus brief filed in Trump v. IRS, aiming to block the creation of a so-called “Anti-Weaponization Fund” as part of the deal for the president to drop his lawsuit against the tax agency, which he filed over a leak of his tax returns.
The “slush fund,” as Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) called it, could be used to give monetary rewards to people convicted of felonies in connection with the January 6, 2021 attempted insurrection.
The one-page document that was attached to the settlement Tuesday was signed by acting Attorney General Todd Blanche.
US Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) called the preemptive and permanent blocking of any IRS enforcement against the Trump family “the height of corruption.”
Former Capitol cop drops expletive-laden takedown of Trump's 'insurrectionist' fund

MS NOW anchor Nicole Wallace and Former Washington Police Officer Michael Fanone (YouTube Screengrab)

MS NOW anchor Nicole Wallace and Former Washington Police Officer Michael Fanone (YouTube Screengrab)
May 19, 2026
ALTERNET
Former Washington Police Officer Michael Fanone showed little patience for the $1.7 billion “slush fund” Trump and his administration are trying to create to pay-off the Capitol insurrectionists who nearly killed him.
“Adjectives have lost meaning in describing the actions of this administration. I guess there's a combination of two [words] that come to mind, and it’s ‘f—— disgraceful’ that taxpayer money would be used to compensate violent insurrectionists,” Fanone told MS NOW anchor Nicole Wallace. “And let's make no mistake about what this fund is going to be used for. This fund is going to be used to pay violent criminals for committing violent crimes on behalf of Donald Trump on January 6th, 2021.”
“This is Donald Trump and Trump's administration and his personal attorney, Todd Blanche — who cosplays as the acting attorney general — setting this up, knowing full well that not only did they absolve these individuals who committed criminal acts on this administration's behalf of criminal culpability, but that they're now going to pay them,” continued Fanone, the spokesperson for Home of the Brave.
Fanone went on to tell Wallace that he is already receiving threats from vigilante’s seeking to hurt him to get a piece of the cash.
“I can tell you right now my DMs and my social media have been flooded with individuals who would like to kill me so that they themselves can get a payout from this administration, because they think that that's what would most likely happen,” said Fanone.
Before leaving, Fanone dropped a final demand of U.S. Attorneys filling his inbox with apologies while serving a lawless president.
“I'll take this opportunity that all the us attorneys that have been texting me on signal today saying how sorry they are: I don't want your sympathy. I'd rather you just quit your job. I'm not your friend. I don't want to hear from you. I want you to quit your job and stop supporting this administration,” said Fanone, adding Trump is still president “because Americans are selfish, self-centered, and they're cowards.”
Former Washington Police Officer Michael Fanone showed little patience for the $1.7 billion “slush fund” Trump and his administration are trying to create to pay-off the Capitol insurrectionists who nearly killed him.
“Adjectives have lost meaning in describing the actions of this administration. I guess there's a combination of two [words] that come to mind, and it’s ‘f—— disgraceful’ that taxpayer money would be used to compensate violent insurrectionists,” Fanone told MS NOW anchor Nicole Wallace. “And let's make no mistake about what this fund is going to be used for. This fund is going to be used to pay violent criminals for committing violent crimes on behalf of Donald Trump on January 6th, 2021.”
“This is Donald Trump and Trump's administration and his personal attorney, Todd Blanche — who cosplays as the acting attorney general — setting this up, knowing full well that not only did they absolve these individuals who committed criminal acts on this administration's behalf of criminal culpability, but that they're now going to pay them,” continued Fanone, the spokesperson for Home of the Brave.
Fanone went on to tell Wallace that he is already receiving threats from vigilante’s seeking to hurt him to get a piece of the cash.
“I can tell you right now my DMs and my social media have been flooded with individuals who would like to kill me so that they themselves can get a payout from this administration, because they think that that's what would most likely happen,” said Fanone.
Before leaving, Fanone dropped a final demand of U.S. Attorneys filling his inbox with apologies while serving a lawless president.
“I'll take this opportunity that all the us attorneys that have been texting me on signal today saying how sorry they are: I don't want your sympathy. I'd rather you just quit your job. I'm not your friend. I don't want to hear from you. I want you to quit your job and stop supporting this administration,” said Fanone, adding Trump is still president “because Americans are selfish, self-centered, and they're cowards.”
No comments:
Post a Comment