Saturday, March 14, 2020

I DON'T LIKE MONDAYS

ON A MONDAY IN 1979 IN THE USA A 16 YEAR OLD GIRL ENTERED HER SCHOOL WITH A GUN AND SHOT IT UP, THIS WAS ONE OF THE EARLIEST MASS SHOOTINGS IN A SCHOOL IN THE USA, TODAY THEY ARE COMMON PLACE. 
WHEN ASKED WHY SHE DID IT SHE SAID; "I DON'T LIKE MONDAY'S" 
(SHE WAS CALLED A SPREE KILLER BY THE PRESS)


The Grover Cleveland Elementary School shooting took place on January 29, 1979, at a public elementary school in San DiegoCaliforniaUnited States. The principal and a custodian were killed; eight children and a police officer were injured. A 16-year-old girl, Brenda Spencer, who lived in a house across the street from the school, was convicted of the shootings. Charged as an adult, she pleaded guilty to two counts of murder and assault with a deadly weapon, and was given an indefinite sentence. As of February 2020, she remains in prison.
A reporter reached Spencer by phone while she was still in the house after the shooting, and asked her why she did it. She reportedly answered: "I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day,"[1][2] which inspired Bob Geldof and Johnnie Fingers to write the Boomtown Rats song "I Don't Like Mondays".[3]



Bob Geldof, Humanitarian and former BoomTown Rats Frontman tells everyone how & Why the song " I Don't Like Mondays" by The BoomTown Rats was to come to be and how he was thanked by the Spree Killer herself for him making her famous, something which Bob psychologically wrestles with even to this very day.


The Boomtown Rats do their big hit "I Don't Like Mondays" to protest American gun laws and Bob Geldof gives Merv a typical surly interview talking about the band, the press and what Geldof sees as American radio's boycott of their music. Merv Griffin had over 5000 guests appear on his show from 1963-1986. Footage from the Merv Griffin Show is available for licensing to all forms of media through Reelin' In The Years Productions. www.reelinintheyears.com.

 The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload And nobody's gonna go to school today She's going to make them stay at home And daddy doesn't understand it He always said she was as good as gold And he can see no reason 'Cause there are no reasons What reason do you need to be sure Oh, oh, oh tell me why I don't like Mondays Tell me why I don't like Mondays Tell me why I don't like Mondays I want to shoot The whole day down The Telex machine is kept so clean As it types to a waiting world And mother feels so shocked Father's world is rocked And their thoughts turn to their own little girl Sweet sixteen ain't that peachy keen Now, it ain't so neat to admit defeat They can see no reasons 'Cause there are no reasons What reason do you need oh, woah Tell me why I don't like Mondays Tell me why I don't like Mondays Tell me why I don't like Mondays I want to shoot The whole day down Down, down Shoot it all down All the playing's stopped in the playground now She wants to play with her toys a while And school's out early and soon we'll be learning And the lesson today is how to die And then the bullhorn crackles And the captain tackles With the problems and the how's and why's And he can see no reasons 'Cause there are no reasons What reason do you need to die, die Oh, oh, oh and the silicon chip inside her head Gets switched to overload And nobody's gonna go to school today She's going to make them stay at home And daddy doesn't understand it He always said she was as good as gold And he can see no reason 'Cause there are no reasons What reason do you need to be sure Tell me why I don't like Mondays Tell me why I don't like Mondays Tell me why I don't like, I don't like, I don't like Mondays Tell me why I don't like, I don't like, (tell me why) I don't like Mondays Tell me why I don't like Mondays I want to shoot, the whole day down, uh, uh, uhARE COMMON PLACE.


The Boomtown Rats performing at Live Aid in front of 72,000 people in Wembley Stadium, London on the 13th July, 1985. The event was organised by Sir Bob Geldof and Midge Ure to raise funds for the Ethiopian famine disaster. Broadcast across the world via one of the largest satellite link-ups of all time, the concerts were seen by around 40% of the global population.

No comments: