Thursday, May 10, 2007

Green Deja Vu

Civil Servant arrested over Green Plan leak

Reminds me of this;

Tories muzzle environmental scientist

Mere days after Prime Minister Stephen Harper got up in the House of Commons and claimed his Accountability Act would protect civil servants who speak out about unethical behaviour, Mark Tushingham, a scientist with Environment Canada, got an e-mail from the Environment Minister's office.

Tushingham was just about to give a presentation on the science behind his novel Hotter Than Hell at the National Press Club. Released last November with little fanfare, it's about the Earth becoming so hot from climate change that America and Canada are at war over water.

"I was entering the elevator 15 minutes before the event when I got a call on my cellphone," says Tushingham's publisher, Elizabeth Margaris at DreamCatcher Publishing. "[Tushingham] said, 'I've got bad news. I can't go.' He was told [by the Environment Minister's office] not to appear."

blog posts, photos, events and more off-site about:
, , , , , , ,

, , , ,
, , ,
, , , , , , , , ,
, , ,, , , ,
, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: