Wednesday, August 30, 2023

New video appears to show Yevgeny Prigozhin in Africa days before his death

August 30, 2023
Source: Grey Zone

A new video of the late Wagner Group founder Yevgeny Prigozhin that appears to have been filmed shortly before his death was posted on Telegram Wednesday by Grey Zone, a channel affiliated with the paramilitary outfit.

In the clip, a camouflage-clad Prigozhin assures viewers from a moving vehicle that he’s doing fine and that he's in Africa.

For everyone discussing whether I’m alive or not and how I’m doing. It’s currently a weekend in the second half of August 2023. I’m in Africa, so for those who like to speculate about my elimination, my private life, my work there, or anything else: everything’s fine, as a matter of fact.



Bellingcat investigator Aric Toler noted that in the video, Prigozhin appears to be wearing the same gear that he wore in the only other recent video of him in Africa, which surfaced on August 21.

Yevgeny Prigozhin died on August 23 when his private jet crashed while traveling from Moscow to St. Petersburg.

No comments: