Tuesday, February 21, 2006

We Are The Champions...of Freedom


While George Bush plots how to invade Iran or bomb it back to the stone age, Iran has embraced the ultimate in Satanic Western Culture, Rock n Roll.

Freddy Mercury and Queen are being sold and distributed in Iran something Freddy had always wanted, since he was Iranian.

So while American right wing Christian fundamentalists burn rock n roll albums and denounce homosexuality, claiming their way is the white, er right way and chastise Muslims for being intolerant, Freddy and Queen rock Persia.

And during the protests over the Muhammed cartoons Queen albums were not burned in Iran. Take that Tony Blair.



Queen album brings rock to Iran
Rock band Queen, fronted by gay icon Freddie Mercury, has become the first rock act to receive an official seal of approval in Iran. Western music is strictly censored in the Islamic republic, where homosexuality is considered a crime. But an album of Queen's greatest hits was released in Iran on Monday.

Mercury, who died in 1991, was proud of his Iranian ancestry, and illegal bootleg albums and singles made Queen one of the most popular bands in Iran.

The cassette, costing less than $1 (55 pence), comes complete with translated lyrics and an explanatory leaflet.

It tells Queen fans that Bohemian Rhapsody is about a young man who has accidentally killed someone and, like Faust, sold his soul to the devil.

On the night before his execution he calls God in Arabic, "Bismillah", and so regains his soul from Satan.

Freddie Mercury
Queen's gay frontman Freddie Mercury had Iranian ancestors

Akbar Safari, a salesman at a Tehran book and record store, said the album was already selling very well.

"It is the first rock album to hit the market legally and people are surprised and pleased to see it has the lyrics, not just the music," he said.



A tip o the blog to
The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire for this. The article goes on to talk about how Rock n Roll subverted the USSR more than anything Carter, Reagan or Radio Free America, now off the air, could do. So true.

Hungarian communism collapsed in 1989, and Simonyi, now 51, still believes rock can set you free. "Today, there is criticism that rock is imperialistic," he says. "Nonsense. Only dictators are afraid of rock."

Yep everyone knows that the music of American Imperialism is Country and Western. Of course that's commercial C&W, cause real outlaws don't support Bush and his war.

And unlike those authoritarian Mullahs in Iran, even the Pope is afraid of Rock n Roll.....the revolution continues Rock On!

The Pope Hates Rock and Roll!

Forget gay marriage, women priests, abortion and euthanasia. Here's the real reason why you should all FEAR THE POPE!

In a small volume published in 2000 called The Spirit of the Liturgy, itself an expansion of an essay Ratzinger wrote in 1986, the future pope argued," 'Rock'... is the expression of elemental passions, and at rock festivals, it assumes a cultic character, a form of worship, in fact, in opposition to Christian worship. People are, so to speak, released from themselves by the experience of being part of a crowd and by the emotional shock of rhythm, noise, and special lighting effects. However, in the ecstasy of having all their defenses torn down, the participants sink, as it were, beneath the elemental force of the universe."


We Are The Champions

Song Duration 2:57
Written by Freddie Mercury.
Sung by Freddie Mercury.

 we Are The    champions cover
Listen to Midi file

Comments

Released 7th October, 1977. Spent 10 weeks on chart and reached number 2. Went Gold.

Lyrics

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand
Kicked in my face
But I've come through

And we mean to go on and on and on and on

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune
And everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before
The whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose

And we mean to go on and on and on and on

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions




Find blog posts, photos, events and more off-site about:
, , , , , ,

2 comments:

Carnacki said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog and the hat tip.

When I saw your site and the Don't Tread on Me flag I knew I found a a kindred spirit.

Here's something I wrote on DailyKos called Property Rights (Don't Tread on Me).

EUGENE PLAWIUK said...

You have a great site which I chanced upon so I thought besides leaving a message I would link to at least one of your articles. And i suspected we had more in commong than just the Supernatural in Literature.