Monday, January 27, 2020

LAMBTON WORM AND LAIR OF THE WHITE WORM

The Lambton Worm

Paperback – November 28, 2019 

by Simon Webb  (Author)

The tale of the 'Famous Lambton Worm' is the best-known of the many monster stories of the North of England. Simon Webb's book re-tells the story, speculates on its origins, and compares John Lambton's Worm to other local dragons such as the Sockburn Worm and the Laidley Worm of Spindlestone Heugh.Illustrated: includes the complete text of the Lambton Worm song.







Young Lambton loved a spot of fishing but when he cast his line into the lake, he wasn't expecting his catch to be a fat, slime-strung, squirming worm. And that was just the very beginning of his problems....
The terrible tale of the Lambton Worm is written by is written by poet and children's author Heather Harrison and told here by Tony Wilson.
This is just one of the tales from Springboard Stories, a magazine for primary teachers with stories at its heart.


IT IS ALSO THE BASIS OF THE KEN RUSSEL'S MOVIE BASED ON BRAM STOKERS 
STORY LAIR OF THE WHITE WORM

1 comment:

Dare guld said...

I rarely share my story with people, not only because it put me at the lowest point ever but because it made me a person of ridicule among family and friends. I put all I had into Binary Options ($690,000) after hearing great testimonies about this new investment

 strategy. I was made to believe my investment would triple, it started good and I got returns (not up to what I had invested). Gathered more and involved a couple family members, but I didn't know I was setting myself up for the kill, in less than no time all we had put ($820,000) was gone. It almost seem I had set them up, they came at me strong and hard. After searching and looking for how to make those scums pay back, I got introduced to maryshea03@gmail.com to WhatsApp her +15623847738.who helped recover about 80% of my lost funds within a month.